Friday, November 11, 2011

Review of NEW Polished Collection!



Hey guys! Today new collections were realeased in the Doree and Polished stores. Here's a preview of what has been released in the Polished store and my thoughts on it! :)

As usual all of the polishes are overpriced in my opinion, so I won't mention price, just if I like the colour or not.



Overview of the Collection

Initial Thoughts?
The collection seems to be based on the current pastel trend but there's also some really gorgeous gradient colours, and some basic brights and darks. There's something for nearly any taste!
Possibly my favourite overall collection yet! 

Colours?
50's Mint

Price- 10sds.
I LOVE this colour, it's so beautiful! However, to me anyway, it doesn't look very mint-y, it's more like a pale Tiffany Box Blue colour. Possibly my favourite in the whole store!
For those who are wondering, this is the Tiffany Box Blue (one of my favourite colours!)


Mustard Yellow

Price- 10sds.
Mustard is a big trend for Autumn, so I'm really glad that they added this shade and not a garish bright yellow! The colour is lovely, though I think it may need the Top Coat to look it's best, as it looks quite plain without shine.

Apricot Pink

Price- 10sds.
I really like this polish! It's quite plain but I think it looks so chic and sophisticated, great for anyone who doesn't want their nails to overpower their outfit!

Salmon Pink

Price- 10sds.
It's a really pretty colour, however I wouldn't buy it if you have Soft Pink from the MSW Collection, as the colours are EXTREMELY similar.

Soft Violet

Price- 10sds
This more of a grey-purple but it's a really lovely colour, would work AMAZINGLY if wearing Lel1996's Northern Lights look, or my Aurora Look! 

Hot Like Fire

Price- 10sds.
This more an orange-toned red, which is very nice but skip-able if you already have a red nail polish in your collection.

Forest Green

Price- 10sds.
This probably isn't to everyone's tastes but I love it! It's so dark, but the colour is still very rich and vibrant. One of the best dark colours that they have released, in my opinion.

Midnight Navy

Price- 10sds.
Again, I really love this colour! The blue is absolutely gorgeous on it's own, but could look even more gorgeous with Top Coat over it!

Green Black
Price- 12sds.
DISAPPOINTMENT! The colour looks so stunning in the bottle, but makes very little effect on the nails. Perhaps if you had longer nails this would work, but I'm not loving it. VERY overpriced!!

Blue Black

Price- 12sds.
Same as the previous colour, not happy.

LOVES?
Midnight Navy
Forest Green
50's Mint.
Apricot Pink
Mustard Yellow
LIKES?
Soft Violet
Hot Like Fire
Salmon Pink
LOSERS?
Green Black
Blue Black

I hope you liked this review! I'll be reviewing the new Doree collection next, so look out for that!
Leave me your thoughts of the collection in the comments, and tell me your LOVE, LIKE AND LOSER polishes!

Thanks for reading!

Love
Claire xoxo
(MissClaire1994x)


No comments:

Post a Comment